Tuesday 13 September 2011

My Common Genetic Characteristics


 Dimples, no Dimples
 I have dimples when I smile. Dimples are like small dents in the sides of your cheek when you smile, they can be mistaken for wrinkles. Having dimples is the dominant trait and not having them is the recessive trait.






 Free Earlobes, Attached Earlobes
I have Free Earlobes, meaning my earlobes hang rather than them
attaching to my head directly. Free Earlobes is the dominant trait, Attached Earlobes is the recessive trait.
 White Forelock, No White Forelock
I do not have a white forelock meaning I don't have a line of white hairs at the line of hair that begins at my forehead. Having a White Forelock is the Dominant trait rather than Not having a white forelock which is the recessive trait.

 Mid Digit Hair, No Mid Digit Hair
I do not have any mid digit hair meaning I don't have hair on the mid parts of my fingers. The dominant trait is to have hair on your fingers, the recessive trait is not having hair on your fingers.
 2nd toe longer than big toe, big toe long than 2nd
My 2nd toe is longer than my big toe. The dominant trait is having a longer 2nd toe and having a longer big toe is the recessive trait.







 Curved pinky, Straight pinky
I have a straight pinky meaning my pinky is straight rather than having an inward curve. A curved pinky is the dominant trait rather than a straight pinky which is the recessive trait.
Straight thumb, curved thumb
I have a straight thumb meaning my thumb does not have a curve near the joint. Having a straight thumb is the dominant trait over having a curved thumb which is the recessive trait.


Rolling tongue, Not Rolling tongue
I can roll my tongue meaning I can roll both corners of my tongue to point up. Being able to roll your tongue is the dominant trait rather than not being able to is the recessive trait.

No comments:

Post a Comment